- Market-leader in several countries across the globe, currently present in 80 countries and counting
- Founded in June 2012
- > 70 employees, > 20 of which in Tech, Data and Product
- Exponential growth since 2012. The platform currently handles 100,000+ jobs per month and works with 190,000 professionals.
- Well-funded (>2M across several rounds) by top-tier international investors
VP of Engineering
Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professional without a dozen phone calls? We answered to this problematic question. Our client's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow their businesses. This company is doing with services what Amazon and eBay did with goods. Creating the biggest marketplace to buy and sell services in a single click! Key Facts:
- As the right hand to our CTO, you would be involved in everything from product development to architecting scalable infrastructures
- As VP of Engineering you will use your natural gravitas and excellent leadership skills to be the role model for the engineering team and will be responsible for our growing tech team
- Lead by example the overall engineering organization empowering the employees by being a role model, mentor and coach and by giving each engineer the right responsibility and space to grow
- Partner with the Business and Product Management teams to refine the vision and strategy for our products and deliver on business expectations
- Being a member of the management team communicating to all stakeholders of the firm both internally as well as externally
- Working together with the HR department to train and retain talent and to align recruitment efforts to make sure the team further grows with excellent employees
- Maintain personal technical foundation; staying current with technology concepts, paying close attention to industry trends
- Degree in Computer Science, or similar with strong experience with PHP (ideally with Symfony 2&3 framework)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical leadership
- You are a coder at heart. You like hard problems, but know how to keep things simple. You would love to do more coding yourself, but accept that you can bring most value by helping others to excel.
- You have built large scale applications with modern web frameworks, ideally PHP as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- You can deal with (and ideally limit) lots of complexity.
- You know about the complexities of eCommerce and ideal marketplaces
- You are a fast thinker, hands on manager and strong communicator; you think and act like an entrepreneur
- You know agile. Not just from books. You know how to do fast release cycles without compromising on quality
- Very strong mentoring and interpersonal skills
- Experience with team building and recruiting
- You are fluent in English (French is an advantage)
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- The chance to work in a fast-moving, challenging but informal work environment
- Exciting and varied tasks
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- A competitive remuneration