SCRUM Master/Agile Coach
Our client is a global online media, analytics, forecasting and reporting organisation with a very extensive IT system and R&D capability. Their list of clients includes some of the largest players globally such as eBay, Apple, Siemens, Symantec, tripadvisor and many many more. They have a very active product development initiative and due to the nature of their business constantly improve on their technologies. The environment is extremely forward thinking and provides very interesting challenges and career perspectives.
In this role, you will be responsible for at least one team, focusing the team on customer and deliverables, however your goal will be to grow and deliver high performance teams. The Scrum Master will play a critical role in supporting the product and development teams in delivering the customer’s requirements by the company’s performance standards. This is a high impact role within the organization. You might be a good fit if you are:
- Able to garner respect from your teams and are willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Communicative and social – you have exceptional communication skills and fluency in both verbal/written communication in English and ideally have conversational or are willing to learn German. You will be able to adapt your communication skills as required by the situation.
- Assertive – you are able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Listening and Situationally Aware – you are a fine observer and know how to listen to identify untold problems, fears, risks.
- Continual improvement – you are continually growing your craft learning new tools and techniques to manage yourself and a team.
- Conflict resolution – you are able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches. You are comfortable to confront the teams with real problems, challenge the status quo and comfort zones.
- Attitude of empowerment – you are able to lead (not manage!) a team to self-organization and high performance.
- Attitude of transparency – you desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust.
- Creative thinking – you are adapt methods and theories to fit to the teams’ needs and reality. You can provide quick solutions based on a good assessment of the situation.
- Convincing and charismatic – high-energy and optimistic you are able to convince and move people to action.
- Be what you say – you are what you preach: open, learning, adaptive, flexible, transparent, with a good sense of reality and your role in the team and company.
- 3 years + of practical experience in working with teams and implementing change. Can demonstrate success and explain the Agile literature by the practical approach.
- You are customer focused and understand how this effects your work with the teams.
- Understand the Scrum Framework and Purpose and how this works together with other Agile or Lean methods and can speak intelligently about them.
- Understand businesses processes and can see how Agile can improve the status quo and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development and the basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Know the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand milestones, user stories and task definition and uses these to focus the teams on the customer’s requirements.
- Have successfully worked in one of the following roles is a great advantage: Product Owner, Developer.
- You have a 7th sense for people and can balance between protecting and challenging the team, sometimes even pushing them in less comfortable situations to provoke the transformation.
- We do not do Scrum by the book. You will need to be able to take the theoretical approach and adapt it as necessary to fit with the Agile Goals and Purpose at Searchmetrics.
- You will be convincing and have a well structured mind.
- A team player with good time management skills.
- You are highly creative and think in solutions. You understand the business and the intention of the product and work closely with the team leaders to grow the individuals, enable skills and foster the teams transformation to sustain the business requirements.
- You are naturally fun.