Our client has the vision to create the best possible retail banking experience in Asia. They believe the future of banking will be defined by a few core elements: design for the mobile generation, relentless focus on user experience, deep application of data science, and agility and speed to integrate future financial technologies.
We are currently seeking a CTO to join our mission of building a bank for the next generation in Asia.
Responsibility of CTO:
- As part of the banks board your role would be focused on everything from product development to architecting scalable infrastructures
- You will be the technology visionary: define bank technology stack, architecture, roadmap, and financial technology partnerships
- Determine how technology can be used and how to setup architecture in order to implement the business strategy (eg. API banking, lack of legacy, low operation cost, ease of integration with other financial technologies, improving transparency with government and consumers)
- Implement big data applications and data architecture to ensure (i) single customer view of data, and (ii) extensive use of machine learning to enhance security and customer product offerings
- Create technology and IT operation planning
- Manage all technology and IT operation risks, especially on security. Strong familiarity with tackling KYC/AML risks using technology.
- Ensure company’s technology leadership by preempting direct and indirect competitor’s attempts to use technology to disrupt the markets
- Conduct competitive analysis, technology assessment, prototyping studies, vendor selection, partnering, planning, and architecture standards setup
- Lead by example and have responsibility for the overall engineering organisation empowering the employees by being a role model, mentor and coach and by giving your staff the right responsibility and space to grow
- Partner with the Business and Product Management teams to refine the vision and strategy for our products and deliver on business expectations
- Working together with the HR department to train and retain talent and to align recruitment efforts to make sure the team further grows with excellent employees
- Maintain personal technical foundation; staying current with technology concepts, paying close attention to industry trends, pushing boundaries
Requirements for a CTO:
- Proven retail bank exposure at the executive level in developed economies (eg. UK, US, HK, etc.)
- Vetted by bank regulatory authorities (Example: FSA (UK), HKMA (Hong Kong), FCA/SEC (USA), etc. )
- Deep expertise in core banking system, bank architecture setup, and bank security (from a bank with a strong digital presence)
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- A data science expert with deep experience at developing data pipelines for big data applications. Strong expertise with non-relational database, use of social / mobile data, machine learning algorithms, Hadoop/Spark, and data infrastructure is expected.
- Experience for setting up a highly secure infrastructure and IT operations (eg. , active security monitoring, data centre operations, network operations, application development and maintenance)
- Strong personal network in the financial technology sector globally
- Relentless desire to pursue technology excellence
- Knowledgeable in various software delivery methodologies and processes incl. SCRUM, Kanban and XP
WHAT WE OFFER
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- A chance to change banking in Asia
- A free hand in delivery of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- A competitive remuneration + options package
If you have the right experience, apply today for this position. If you would like more information before applying, please contact Konstanty Sliwowski on email@example.com, via LinkedIn or via Twitter.